Tuesday 4 September 2012

Gambit #2 Review

Gambit #2 Review


Written by – James Asmus
Pencils by - Clay Mann
Inked by – Seth Mann
Coloured by – Rachelle Rosenberg

Story

The shiny gold thing that Gambit stole last issue turns out to be an alien parasite that has attached itself to his chest. Fence tries to get it out but fails. After some research, the pair find that there has been some research into the alien parasite by the Museum of the Americas. Gambit breaks in but has been beaten to it by the mysterious woman he was chatting up at the party he attended last issue. Gambit chases her to the roof where she pushes him off the roof, through the skylight, where he is arrested. He steals the police car and hits the mysterious woman (who refuses to tell him her name). They come to an understanding and the two head off to Guatemala.

Review

I enjoyed this issue. The story is shaping up to be a good'un and I love the art. On a side note: is it weird that when I read Gambit's lines that I hear a mix between Foghorn Leghorn and Bill Compton from True Blood in my head? Also, Fence's t-shirt troubled me a little. I know 'swag' is an 'in' word right now in America right now, but I'm already hearing it in almost every podcast I listen to so why does it have to creep into my comics too? Never mind. I'd say pick up this issue along with the first and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment